Terms & Condition
Last Updated on: 17th Nov 2023
To ensure a harmonious environment, we have established a set of community rules that must be followed. Failure to comply with these rules may result in the following penalties:
Returning the vehicle to the wrong location
In the event that a member fails to return the vehicle to the correct location, the following penalties will be applicable:
1. A flat fee of ₹10,000 will be charged.
2. The member will be responsible for paying the full hourly fee for the continued use of the vehicle until it is returned to the correct location.
3. Additionally, the member will be charged the full late fee until the vehicle is returned.
Traffic and Parking violations
In cases of traffic and parking violations, the following penalties will be applicable:
1. The member is responsible for making full payment of fines associated with the violation.
2. In addition to the fine amount, a penalty of ₹500 will be charged for every 30 days that the payment remains overdue.
In the event that a customer fails to show up for their booking after 4 hours from the designated start time, the booking will be automatically cancelled. Please note that no refunds will be applicable in such cases. We recommend that all customers arrive on time to avoid inconvenience and ensure a smooth booking process.
To ensure the safety of our members and the community, Zeta has implemented the following policies regarding over speeding:
1. Over speeding at or above 110 km/hr will result in a penalty of ₹2500, in addition to any government fines imposed. Furthermore, if over speeding occurs in two separate bookings, it will lead to expulsion from Zeta.
2. Over speeding at or above 140 km/hr will result in immediate expulsion from Zeta.
In the event of smoking inside the car, the following penalties will be applicable:
1. A flat fee of ₹1,000 will be charged.
2. Additionally, the customer will be responsible for paying any applicable damage costs related to the interiors of the car.
The member will be fully responsible for covering the cost of any damages incurred to the vehicle, as well as any related miscellaneous expenses. It is essential for the member to carefully review the RC Documents of the rented vehicle to ensure the correct fuel type is used.
key not returned/Lost at end of reservation
In the event that a key is not returned or lost at the end of a reservation, the following penalties will be applicable:
1. A flat fee of ₹2,000 will be charged.
2. Additionally, the member will be responsible for covering the cost of key replacement.
To avoid additional charges, it is important to return the key within 2 daysof the reservation’s end. We recommend promptly notifying Zeta in case of any key-related issues to facilitate a swift resolution.
Regarding the co-driver policy, please note the following charges:
1. A fee of ₹1,000 will be imposed if it is determined that the person driving the car is not the one in whose name the booking was made.
2. A fee of ₹5,000 will be levied if it is discovered that the person driving does not possess a valid driver’s license.
However, if co-driver with valid license added at the time of booking, the charges will not be levied.
Vehicle Damage (Accidental)
In the unfortunate event of any unintentional or accidental damage to the vehicle, the member will be responsible for covering the necessary repair charges. These charges are designed to restore the car to its original condition as provided to the member at the beginning of the booking. Please note that the repairs should be carried out at Zeta authorized Service Centre.
However, if the member has opted for insurance coverage from Zeta at the start of the booking, the damage charges will be limited to a certain extent as per the terms of the insurance policy.
Vehicle Damage (Intentional or Consequential)
In the event of intentional damage or damage caused to the vehicle as a result of the member’s actions, the member will be held fully responsible for the cost of repairs required after the damage, as well as any loss of expected revenue arising from the damage.
Examples of such actions include, but are not limited to, driving in waterlogged areas leading to engine breakdown, driving with underbody damages resulting in oil drainage and subsequent engine breakdown, driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants, and driving with excessive clutch pressure.
Towing and Impounding
There will be no cost incurred if it is caused by a vehicle failure, but the same should not have taken place due to rash driving or similar manner. However, if the towing and impounding are a result of user negligence, the full cost will be the responsibility of the user..
Cleaning required (interiors)
For cleaning of the vehicle’s interiors, there will be charges applicable based on the specific requirements. Washing of removable items such as foot mats will incur a charge of ₹200. In addition, if interior washing or dry cleaning is necessary for seat covers and door panels, there will be a charge of ₹1,500.
Payment for services rendered must be settled by our members within a period of 2 days. In the event that the payment is not cleared within this timeframe, a late payment charge of Rs. 500/- will be applied.
Furthermore, if the payment is delayed by more than 7 days, an additional interest rate of 2% per month or part thereof will be levied.
Please note that there are four exceptional cases that warrant special attention:
1. If a member is found to be under the influence of alcohol during a booking, they will be held responsible for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the vehicle workshop.
2. The member will be liable for 100% of the entire vehicle damage bill if the damage is deemed consequential by the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company. Consequential damage refers to instances where the member continues driving after an external vehicle impact, resulting insevere deterioration of the vehicle’s condition. This will be clearly stated in the accident report.
3. In the event that a non-Zeta member is driving at the time of an accident, the member will be held accountable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the workshop.
4. Please be aware that only SUV vehicles (Ecosport, Scorpio, XUV, Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner) are permitted for trips to regions with higher altitudes, including but not limited to Leh or Ladakh districts in Jammu & Kashmir. Any damages caused to vehicles other than those falling under the SUV category will attract a damage fee of ₹10,000, along with repair costs, towing costs, travel costs of Zeta representatives, and any other related charges incurred on an actual basis.